The North Scituate Public Library Association was established on September 6, 1906, and with popular support, the library grew very quickly. It was held in a small yellow house on main street, and at the first Annual Meeting it had 110 members and 2800 volumes.
The land where the library currently sits, at the corner of Greenville Road and Silk Lane, was donated by Mrs. Henry W. Rice. The new building was dedicated in February, 1925. This location gave the library the room it needed to grow. It was renovated in 1984 and again in 2011, to become the building we all know and love.